Lollicup: Gainesville’s best bubble tea

Lollicup
Lollicup

I've only recently discovered the deliciousness that is bubble tea. I had it for the first time when I moved to Gainesville at Lollicup and I've been obsessed ever since.

Those of you who have never heard of bubble tea are probably wondering what in the world it is. Well, let me explain. Bubble tea is a Taiwanese tea based drink usually served with boba, or "pearls," which are chewy little balls made from tapioca. Boba can be regular sized or mini and they have a mildly sweet flavor. Bubble tea is usually served cold, but some variants are served hot. Tea flavors range from sweet and fruity to rich and creamy.

In my opinion, Lollicup has some of the best bubble tea in Gainesville. Their selection of tea flavors is so extensive it's almost overwhelming. Some of the flavors include peach, strawberry, jasmine, taro and royal milk. The boba are the perfect texture - not too hard and not too soft. I've had bubble tea at other places in town, but I've found that Lollicup's bubble tea is the freshest and most authentic. The boba at the other places I've tried were too hard and I could tell the tea was made from a powder mix. 

Lollicup offers a wide variety of drinks including original bubble tea, milk tea, slush (icy), and snow (creamy). All of these drinks can be ordered with or without boba. Lollicup also offers frozen yogurt and snow fluff with a large selection of toppings to choose from. Snow fluff is a shaved ice dessert with a consistency similar to cotton candy.

Whether you’ve never tried bubble tea or you’re just looking for a good place to get some, Lollicup is the place to go.