Looking to the future: Google Glass

In the past few months hordes of tech lovers and hardware developers have been frothing with liquid excitement over the development of Google Glass. The pools of which have only coalesced in volume since the release of the new hardware into developer beta testing – for the mere price of $1,500 of course.

Sadly, as you are probably a starving college student currently living in a dank cellar and subsisting on over boiled ramen, you probably do not have the funds to obtain a pair of Google’s latest foray into augmented reality for yourself.

To that effect I’ve arrived to deliver the latest hardware and utility details for all you prospective cyborgs. Here is a list of what you need to know about Google Glass.

Compact lightweight design

Your smartphone probably has fun little features such as Wi-Fi, GPS, speakers and a camera worked into its design. Now imagine all of that attached to your face, and weighing no more than your average pair of sun glasses.

Go Go Google Voice Command

Activate all of your fun gadgets with a simple word of command. Simply say “Okay Glass” and then whatever command comes to mind such as “Take a picture", "Record a video" or even run a Google search without touching a button.  This interface allows you full access to most of the Google Glass features and is even compatible with all Google sites such as Google Translate, dictionary and currency exchange.

OS Compatibility

Android and iPhone users need not engage each other in mortal combat over the new technology. Google Glass promises to be seamlessly compatible with both operating systems.

Customization Options

For the more aesthetically inclined, Google Glass will come in five different color options (Shale, Tangerine, Charcoal, Cotton and Sky.) Additionally, Google will be partnering with several glasses companies in order to allow users to customize the design and look of Glass’s look into more fashionable interfaces.