A Newberry man was arrested just before 3 a.m. Monday after he was pulled over in his gray Nissan Altima for driving without his headlights on.

When Jonathan McCloud, 28, stepped out of the car, he presented the Alachua County Sheriff’s officer with a Florida identification card, according to the report.

In the car, the officer found a cellphone-shaped flask with peach vodka in it, rolling papers and “a little bit of weed” in McCloud’s center console.

McCloud was driving with a suspended habitual traffic offender license and said he had been smoking marijuana about an hour before, according to the police report.

McCloud was charged with third-degree felony of a moving traffic violation, first-degree misdemeanor of possession of marijuana less than 20 grams and first-degree misdemeanor of drug equipment possession.

A homeless man was arrested at about 10 a.m. Sunday when an ASO officer spotted him begging roadside.

He held a sign that read “God Bless Vet Homeless Anything Helps” on Archer Road near the I-75 overpass, according to the report.

Edward Nielsen, 49, was charged with panhandling and solicitation and booked into Alachua County Jail that morning and was later released.

A Gainesville woman was arrested Sunday at the Northeast 12th Avenue Super Walmart after leaving the store without paying for her items, according to the report.

Tywanna Wilson, 29, left the store with 14 items, valued at about $57, and was stopped by an employee trained to watch for shoplifters.

After she was read her Miranda Rights, Wilson said she “had never done anything like this before,” according to the report.

She was charged with the misdemeanor of petit retail theft.

Contact Jenna Box at jbox@alligator.org. Contact Alexa Volland at avolland@alligator.org.