All campus, some city bus routes take semester break

<p>UF residents board an RTS bus Monday. Bus routes will be altered for the term break beginning Saturday.&nbsp;</p>

UF residents board an RTS bus Monday. Bus routes will be altered for the term break beginning Saturday. 

Students and residents will have to alter their usual transportation routes to get from point A to point B between summer terms.

Regional Transit System will adjust bus routes between the Summer A and Summer B break.

Beginning Saturday, UF campus service will be suspended, and city routes 21 and 38 will be canceled for the break.

Routes 1, 9, 10, 12, 13, 16, 17, 20, 23, 34, 35, 36 and 43 will have reduced services. Routes 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 15, 24, 25 and 75 will be unaffected.

Later Gator routes, which haven’t been available since Summer A began, will resume July 5.

In observance of Independence Day, no buses will run July 4.

Chip Skinner, supervisor of marketing and communication for RTS, said that reduced service means that buses will run less frequently during the break.

“The reason that is, is due to funding, which is between UF and Santa Fe College,” he said. “They account for over 50 percent of our operating budget.”

Skinner said RTS negotiates its services with the schools prior to each semester.

For more details about bus schedules and summer changes, visit www.go-rts.com.