Tailgate company to offer gameday tailgate packages in Fall

The University Athletic Association has partnered with Tailgate Guys for the upcoming football season.

The company, which sets up and takes down everything fans need to tailgate, will operate on the Reitz Union’s North Lawn on home game days.

Chip Howard, UAA’s executive associate athletics director for internal affairs, said in a press release he feels Tailgate Guys will enhance the gameday experience.

Tailgate Guys started in 2009 at Auburn University and has spread to Texas A&M University, the Chick-fil-A Bowl and now UF, said Tailgate Guys President and CEO Parker Duffey.

“The amount of real estate that [UF] site allows is about the same that we have at Auburn,” Duffey said.

“We have had a standby list [there] for about two years now.”

The company offers four packages: the Varsity Package, the All Gator Package, the Club Package and the Media Package. Prices start at $300 and can be customized, Duffey said.

Options include supplies like tents, chairs, coolers, paper goods, koozies, tables with tablecloths and TVs with satellite service. Packages went on sale for reservation last month.

Erica Macon, a 20-year-old UF animal sciences junior, said she wishes she’d thought of the Tailgate Guys idea.

“First, I didn’t even know that existed, but the company sounds awesome,” Macon said. “If one wanted to tailgate and didn’t want all the hassle of setting up, this is the way to go because they have variable options that could suit anyone.”

Duffey said rain or shine, as long as the Gators play, the Tailgate Guys will stay.