UF Preview just got some P-Luv from the National Academic Advising Association.

The university’s orientation program was awarded with Outstanding Institutional Advising Program recognition in the 2013 National Advising Awards.

It was one of two winners within the category. The University of Minnesota was also awarded for its Center for Academic Planning and Exploration. UF was awarded for Preview Orientation Advising, according to the website.

“The academic advising component of Preview is something that this office has worked very hard on improving over the years,” Joseph Spillane, director of UF’s Academic Advising Center, wrote in an email. “It is a real pleasure when all of that hard work is recognized on a national level.”

There are always new adaptations and components for Preview, and one reason it has been so successful is that the program constantly changes, he said.

“The experience of working with Preview is incredible and inspiring because of the connections we are able to make with students and families in a such a short time,” said Preview Staffer Joyner Atiles-Lopez, a 21-year-old recreation, parks and tourism senior.

The Preview staff works as a team and motivates its members throughout the day, he said.

“Preview was an amazing experience because it gave you a glimpse into what being a student at UF was going to be like,” said Angelica Marino, a 19-year-old UF public relations junior. “The staff was so friendly and energetic. You already felt as though you were a part of the Gator Nation.”