UF’s Career Resource Center and Student Financial Affairs office will hold a part-time job fair from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Reitz Union breezeway next to the Wells Fargo ATM and circle drive.

UF students and alumni looking for jobs on or off campus for summer or fall are encouraged to attend. They can speak with UF departments and local employers.

About 20 employers will attend, along with an estimated 1,500 students, said Fabiola Martinez, UF’s Career Events intern.

Attendees are encouraged to bring copies of their resumes and class schedules. Martinez said the dress code is “smart casual” — or business casual.

Gianna Porcelli, a 22-year-old UF sociology senior, plans to attend in hopes of finding a part-time job in the patient care field, she said.

“This job fair is a great opportunity for me because I can find a job that I can hold on to until I graduate next year,” she said. “Plus, since it’s summer and not a lot of students are in town, finding a job now should be easier.”

The Career Resource Center’s website recommends students prepare for the event by reviewing registered employers that will attend the fair and figuring out how they’d like their job to relate to their major.