Gainesville Police arrested three men Wednesday after a surveillance video showed them mugging another group of men at gunpoint outside of 101 Downtown earlier in the week.

Javonte Marsellis Hill, 19, Javonne Marquise Knox, 20, and Corey Robinson, 20, were arrested on charges of armed robbery, according to an arrest report.

On Monday at about 10 p.m., the suspects backed into a parking space across the street, and Knox and Hill got out of the car, according to the report. They walked toward the men, covering their faces with shirts and sweaters.

Knox pulled out a silver handgun, pointed it at the group and said, “Where is your cash?” Then he told them to empty their pockets and place their belongings on the ground, according to the report.

Before running back to the car, Knox pointed the gun at one of the men and said, “Y’all stay down,” according to the report.

Two days later, police made contact with the three suspects, who were driving the same car they used in the robbery, according to the report. When officers searched the car, they found cell phones, a social security card and random papers belonging to the men who reported they had been robbed.

While the police searched, Knox ran from the car and dropped a gun, according to the report. He stopped shortly after, and an officer caught up to him. Officers also recovered the gun, which had an illegible serial number. However, it matched the description of the gun used in the robbery.

Knox, Hill and Robinson were taken to the Alachua County Jail, where they remained Thursday night.

A version of this story ran on page 4 on 8/30/2013 under the headline "Mugging near 101 Downtown"