New Loop UF app helps students with times and locations of local events

The Loop UF App might be useful for new students.

It’s designed to keep users up-to-date on events happening around UF. It features a map with pins of locations as well as a list of event times.

The free app was designed by Totuit, the developer of the SNAP UF App housed in UF’s Innovation Square.

The app is a running orange-and-blue calendar listing events hosted by student organizations. Users can click on a list item to see more details. UF Student Government loads the events featured on the list into the app.

Sarah Beth Hoover, a 20-year-old UF marketing junior, said she wasn’t aware the app existed.

“I might have used the app as a freshman,” she said.

The app is available for Android and iOS devices.

Jefferson Regis, an 18-year-old UF biochemistry freshman, said he hadn’t heard of the app either but is interested in downloading it.

“For the first few weeks, it’s hard to figure out where events are taking place, so it would be useful to get myself situated on campus,” he said.

A version of this story ran on page 4 on 8/29/2013 under the headline "App keeps students in the loop about UF"