Tutoring Zone moves closer to campus in a smaller space

After a summer of construction, Tutoring Zone has unveiled a new website and a new location.

The local tutoring company has moved to 1117 W. University Ave., about a six-minute walk from campus. The new location is much smaller than the original, said Matthew Hintze, Tutoring Zone founder.

“Back in the days when all of our reviews were live we needed a big, big place with lots of parking,” he said, “Because everybody had to actually physically attend the review.”

But now, with about 90 percent of students choosing to view the reviews online, Hintze said the huge building isn’t necessary. The new location allowed the tutoring company to rethink how it does business.

Hintze said the new location has led to higher attendance for live lectures, namely among the classes most frequently taken by younger students. He said older students mostly tend to watch the lectures online.

Dylan Attal, a 21-year-old Spanish and linguistics junior, said the new location and website makes studying easier.

“That sounds like a good plan,” he said. “If they make it more convenient for students, it’s more likely that students will use their service.”

A version of this story ran on page 4 on 9/23/2013 under the headline "Tutoring Zone moves closer to campus in a smaller space"