With the temperatures dropping and the leaves falling, it’s the perfect time to get off the treadmill and head outdoors for your next workout.

Fall is energizing, the crisp air always gets me in the mood for a long run or an opportunity to breathe it in, (as opposed to the stuffy gym air I was breathing all summer.)

It’s football season, so grab some friends and go outside for a game to two-hand touch.

Offer to play running back or wide receiver at least once to get some intense running plays in.

Another fall activity to try is hiking.

Take a peek at the fall foliage Gainesville offers in places like Devil’s Millhopper.

Hit the trails and work up a sweat while watching the colors change.

At the end of your hike, channel your inner kid and jump in a big pile of fallen leaves!

One last bit of fall weather fitness is to sign up for a race.

There are always plenty of 5k and 10k races in the fall months because it is the perfect running weather.

Train with friends, bring your dog along or just run solo with your favorite music.

Fall is the season for getting in shape and feeling good doing it. Get outside and get moving this season.