Local agencies collaborated with a U.S. Marshals task force to catch a man Tuesday who had an outstanding arrest warrant in Gainesville.

U.S. Marshals caught up with Tyron Walker in Alexandria, Va., on Tuesday morning, where officials reported they saw him doing construction work on a roof in a shopping plaza, according to a news release.

He was arrested and taken to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center in Virginia, according to the release.

Walker was wanted on charges of robbery with a firearm and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He reportedly pulled a late-night armed robbery at a Checkers restaurant in Gainesville on Oct. 4.

Gainesville Police, the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office and the U.S. Marshals Florida Regional Fugitive Task Force worked together to complete the arrest, according to the release. The agencies investigated and gathered tips that ultimately led them to Virginia.

In the release, U.S. Marshal Ed Spooner said the arrest “highlights the great cooperation” between the agencies to “track down and apprehend fugitives wanted for violent crimes.”

A version of this story ran on page 3 on 11/20/2013 under the headline "Gainesville fugitive arrested in Virginia"