Moore out for season after fracturing elbow in scooter wreck

<p align="justify">Tyler Moore (73) blocks Georgia junior inside linebacker Ramik Wilson (51) during Florida’s 23-20 loss to the Bulldogs on Saturday at EverBank Field in Jacksonville.</p>

Tyler Moore (73) blocks Georgia junior inside linebacker Ramik Wilson (51) during Florida’s 23-20 loss to the Bulldogs on Saturday at EverBank Field in Jacksonville.

Add Tyler Moore to an injury list that keeps growing each week.

The starting offensive tackle suffered a compound fracture of his elbow during a scooter crash Tuesday night, becoming the ninth Gator to suffer a season-ending injury in 2013.

Moore underwent surgery on his elbow Wednesday morning.

“I hurt for Tyler,” coach Will Muschamp said. “He’s a good young man and really does everything we ask on and off the field. He’s an outstanding member of our football team, and it’s just very unfortunate.”

Moore switched from right tackle to left tackle prior to Florida’s 23-20 loss to Georgia in Jacksonville to fill in for D.J. Humphries, who is currently sidelined with a sprained left MCL. Now, the Gators’ offensive line will see an even more jarring shift.

Left guard Max Garcia will switch to left tackle to replace Moore. Backup linemen Kyle Koehne and Ian Silberman will share time filling in for Garcia at left guard.

Trip Thurman will serve as the backup for both tackle spots, and Muschamp mentioned that Octavius Jackson could even earn some playing time on the line.

“Somebody else needs to step up and play productive football,” Muschamp said.

Moore joins Chaz Green as starting offensive linemen lost for the season. Green suffered a torn labrum during training camp in August. The other seven Gators done for the season are Andre Debose (torn ACL), Jeff Driskel (fractured right fibula), Dominique Easley (torn ACL), Matt Jones (torn meniscus), Jeremi Powell (torn ACL), Matt Rolin (torn ACL) and Nick Washington (shoulder).

“Surely no one wants to hear about those problems we have, or really cares about them much,” defensive coordinator D.J. Durkin said on Wednesday. “It’s part of the game. We’ve just got to move on and keep fighting through it.”

Easley signs with agent: Easley reportedly withdrew from UF this week and has signed with agent Tom Santanello of Elevate Football in Boca Raton. Easley underwent surgery on Oct. 17 to repair a torn right ACL suffered during practice on Sept. 24.

According to Santanello, Dr. James Andrews described Easley’s surgery as “100 percent successful.” Now, the defensive tackle’s focus shifts to reclaiming his status as projected first-round talent before his injury.

“He’s on track to be right there again,” Santanello said of Easley’s performance prior to the injury. “He’s not worried. He’s a very confident young man.”

Noisy neighbors: While Florida is fighting for bowl eligibility at 4-4, Florida State is riding high.

The undefeated Seminoles entered this week ranked second in the BCS standings.

Win out and FSU will have a shot at winning its first national championship since 1999.

Even in Gainesville, the Gators know what’s going on in Tallahassee this year.

“It’s kind of hard not to,” defensive tackle Darious “Bear” Cummings said. “But then again, we’re at Florida, they’re at Florida State. We’ve got to focus on us.”

The Gators will shift their focus to the Seminoles ahead of the two teams’ meeting in The Swamp on Nov. 30. FSU hoped to play spoiler for UF’s national title hopes in last year’s game. The roles will likely be reversed this time around.

“That’s Florida State, that’s a rivalry,” Cummings said. “It’s going to be a hype game regardless of what the records are.”

Staff writer Phillip Heilman contributed to this report.

Follow Joe Morgan on Twitter @joe_morgan.