Gators volleyball earns No. 5 overall seed, set to host Jacksonville in NCAA Tournament

<p>Florida coach Mary Wise claps during a 3-0 win against FIU on Aug. 24, 2012 in the O'Connell Center.</p>

Florida coach Mary Wise claps during a 3-0 win against FIU on Aug. 24, 2012 in the O'Connell Center.

The Gators women’s volleyball team found out that the road to the program’s first national title will run through Gainesville.

The NCAA tournament seedings were announced Sunday night and Gainesville was chosen as one of the host cities for the first round. No. 5 overall seed Florida will face Jacksonville (30-3) on Thursday at 7 p.m.

The other two teams that were chosen to play in Gainesville are familiar foes to Gators fans. Florida State (24-7) will go up against Georgia Southern (28-5) in the prior match on Thursday at 5 p.m.

Georgia Southern is most recently known as the first FCS team to beat the Florida's football team in school history on Nov. 23 in a 26-20 upset. Florida State is possibly Florida’s biggest rival, but it got swept by UF on Sept. 17.

Missouri is also in Florida's bracket. The Tigers dominated in both of the teams' matchups this season, with the Gators falling in four sets on Oct. 20 on the road and in three sets at home on Nov. 15.

Follow RJ Schaffer on Twitter @rjschaffer.