Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Percy Harvin, left, fends off New Orleans Saints middle linebacker Curtis Lofton (50) during the first half of an NFC divisional playoff NFL football game in Seattle, Saturday, Jan. 11, 2014.

Injuries continue to plague former Gators receiver Percy Harvin.

The fifth-year veteran had to leave the field twice with apparent head injuries in the first half of the Seattle Seahawks’ 23-15 win against the New Orleans Saints in the Divisional Round of the NFL Playoffs on Saturday. He left the game with a concussion in the second quarter.

On Seattle’s third play from scrimmage, quarterback Russell Wilson dropped back and threw a pass to Harvin down the left sideline. Harvin bobbled the ball and, while falling to the ground, was hit in the neck and helmet area by Saints safety Rafael Bush. Harvin was sent to the locker room to be evaluated for a concussion but returned to the field for Seattle’s next offensive possession.

Just four offensive drives later, the Seahawks lined up at the Saints’ 8-yard line for a second-and-goal with 1:40 remaining in the second quarter.

Wilson, standing in the shotgun, faked a handoff to Harvin and ran around the backfield while trying to avoid pressure from Saints defensive linemen Cameron Jordan and Tom Johnson. After eight seconds, Wilson ultimately rolled left and threw an incomplete pass to the left corner of the end zone. The pass was intended for Harvin, whose head landed awkwardly on the ground during the play after being hit by Saints safety Malcolm Jenkins. Harvin did not return after that play.

Harvin, who played in only one game in the 2013 regular season due to a hip injury, finished the contest with three catches for 21 yards, including a 16-yard grab up the middle against Saints cornerback Corey White in the second quarter. His status for Sunday’s NFC Championship game against the San Francisco 49ers is uncertain.

McDonald helps 49ers:

San Francisco defensive lineman Ray McDonald recorded three tackles in the 49ers’ 23-10 win against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. The seven-year veteran was part of a 49ers defensive line that limited Carolina to 93 rushing yards and applied constant pressure to Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, who was sacked five times and hit on nine different occasions.

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126