About two weeks after gun advocacy group Florida Carry filed a lawsuit against the university to remove its ban on firearms in residence halls, UF has not been served court papers.

Sean Caranna, founder of Florida Carry, said the delay was caused by some typos in the lawsuit. A wrong ZIP code was one of the issues Caranna mentioned. The lawsuit was revised and has been set back in motion.

“I don’t see this getting settled before appearing before a judge,” Caranna said.

He said Florida Carry petitioned to waive the serve of process, meaning the court papers are being mailed to UF instead of delivered by the county sheriff.

UF spokeswoman Janine Sikes wrote in an email that the university is still complying with the December appellate court decision that allows firearms to be stored in vehicles on state campuses.

Sikes also said UF is complying with Florida law that bans guns on state campuses and in dorm rooms.

The University of North Florida and the University of South Florida have amended policies to comply with the court decision, and the University of Central Florida is in the process.

[A version of this story ran on page 1 on 1/24/2014 under the headline "Typos delay gun-rights lawsuit papers"]