<p class="p1"><span class="s1">Universal Orlando renderings show the Wizarding World of Harry Potter — Diagon Alley, which is scheduled to open this summer. The new section of the park will be connected via the Hogwarts Express train.</span></p>

Universal Orlando renderings show the Wizarding World of Harry Potter — Diagon Alley, which is scheduled to open this summer. The new section of the park will be connected via the Hogwarts Express train.

This summer, UF Muggles can hop aboard the Hogwarts Express for the first time in wizarding history.

Universal Orlando Resort recently announced the Wizarding World of Harry Potter — Diagon Alley will open this summer with new Harry Potter attractions.

The second Harry Potter-themed park will connect to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter — Hogsmeade via the Hogwarts Express train. The train will take park patrons from London’s King’s Cross Station in Universal to Hogsmeade station in Islands of Adventure. Park-to-park admission will be required to ride the train.

The Hogwarts Express train is one of several new attractions spellbinding UF students. The new park will include Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, where riders go on an adventure through Gringotts vaults.

Ashley McDowell, an 18-year-old UF international studies freshman and Florida Quidditch team member, said she loved the first park and is already planning to visit the new park.

“The first time I went, I cried because I was so excited,” McDowell said. “I can’t wait to go on the Hogwarts Express.”

McDowell said she believes the addition will get more people interested in the world of Harry Potter.

“It’s always super exciting to be in the wizarding world,” she said.

Karrie Ballis, an 18-year-old UF applied physiology and kinesiology freshman, said she hopes the park is even better than the Hogsmeade park.

“I was disappointed with the first park — it needs to be more like the books,” she said. “I hope the rides will be better.”

Muggles can also shop at Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions or seek out the Quality Quidditch Supplies shop for a more sporty wizard look.

“Hopefully the Quidditch store will get more kids excited about the actual sport of Quidditch,” McDowell said.

Florida Quidditch team member Richard Crumrine, a 20-year-old UF family youth and community science junior, said he thinks the expansion will help visitors immerse themselves in the world of Harry Potter.

Crumrine said even though the books and movies are finished, he is thrilled that the legacy of Harry Potter continues with the parks.

“Our children’s children who did not grow up in the era of Harry Potter will still know how much of an impact it made on our generation,” he said.

[A version of this story ran on page 8 on 1/29/2014 under the headline "Students spellbound by Harry Potter park plans"]