<p>Lauren Haeger swings at a pitch during Florida’s 11-1 win against USF on May 18, 2013, at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.</p>

Lauren Haeger swings at a pitch during Florida’s 11-1 win against USF on May 18, 2013, at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.

Even though Florida’s game against Ohio State on Sunday was run ruled after five innings, it only needed two to seal its 19-2 win to start its doubleheader in the Easton Desert Classic.

After taking a 2-0 lead against the Buckeyes after the first frame, the No. 2 Gators exploded in the second inning, notching 15 runs to put the game out of reach.

“We had some really good at-bats,” coach Tim Walton said in a release. “Whether it was walks or whether it was swinging at good pitches and putting the ball in play, I just thought we did a good job of executing.”

Florida had 21 batters take the plate during the second inning, with eight different runners scoring at least one run in the frame.

Senior Stephanie Tofft had the biggest impact during the inning. She nabbed her first RBI after Buckeyes pitcher Aubrey Plant hit her with a pitch when the bases were loaded.

Tofft followed up with a grand slam to left center field to cap the powerhouse inning.

“When you constantly have runners in scoring position, it puts a lot of pressure on the pitcher, catcher and infield,” Walton said, “and we did a good job of going with a lot of good pitches.”

Florida finished the five-inning contest against the Buckeyes (3-2) with five batters who recorded multiple hits. Sophomore Kelsey Stewart and junior Katie Medina each logged three hits, while junior Lauren Haeger, sophomore Kirsti Merritt and Freshman Justine McLean each registered two hits.

Freshman Delanie Gourley picked up her third win of the season after topping the Buckeyes. The left-handed pitcher struck out four batters while only allowing four hits and two earned runs in her four innings pitched.

The Gators followed up their performance against Ohio State with a 6-0 sweep against Cal State Northridge.

Senior Hannah Rogers pitched her third complete game of the season and earned her 30th career shutout after holding the Matadors (4-4) scoreless.

“I think our pitchers are all so different, and they’ve been able to mix their pitches with speeds and locations,” Walton said. “It’s a huge weapon to have a great pitching staff.”

After not recording a hit against Ohio State, sophomore Taylor Schwarz was the only batter to record multiple hits in Florida’s second game of the day.

Florida (10-0) will cap off its time in Las Vegas with a game against Minnesota on Sunday at noon, a contest that Walton believes will give the Gators a challenge.

“They’ve got a good balanced lineup, up and down the lineup, one thru nine, plus kids off the bench,” Walton said. “They’ve got a good pitching staff and a good defense. It’s going to be probably as good of a test as we’ve had so far this year in all phases of the game. It’s what we play for, to play good competition, and Minnesota’s a really good team.”

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126