The outcome looked bleak for Florida as it started the seventh inning against Michigan on Saturday.

The Gators were down 4-0 to the Wolverines in the top of the seventh inning due to a third-inning grand slam by Michigan’s Sierra Romero. And Florida logged only two hits through the game’s first six innings.

But for the second consecutive game, the Gators’ bats came alive late. After four seventh-inning hits, No. 4 Florida tied the game at 4 and went on to score five additional runs in the eighth, topping No. 5 Michigan 9-4 in Tampa.

“We’ve preached for as long as I’ve coached that no matter what the score, up or down, no matter what the inning—if there are outs left in the game, continue to play and play hard,” coach Tim Walton said. “Play your hearts out for all seven (innings), in this case all eight. If there are outs left, you’ve got to fight until the end.”

The Gators (4-0) saw big play from sophomore Aubree Munro for the second consecutive game.

After hitting an RBI single in the sixth inning that started a five-run rally against Wisconsin on Friday, Munro hit a three-RBI double with two outs in the seventh inning to bring Florida within one run of Michigan (0-1).

Munro’s bat has been on fire early in the season, logging a .417 batting average and six RBIs through Florida’s first four games. In her 12 at bats this season, the Brea, Calif., native already tied her RBI total from 2013 and is one double shy of matching the four she logged last season.

Following Munro’s play, Taylore Fuller was hit by a pitch and Briana Little was walked, bringing Kelsey Stewart up with the bases loaded.

Stewart, who was 2 for 12 at the plate in Tampa prior to the at bat, notched a single to bring in senior pitcher Hannah Rogers, who was pinch running for Munro, for the game-tying run send the contest into extra innings.

The Gators dominated in the eighth, notching five runs thanks to an RBI double by junior Bailey Castro and home runs by sophomores Taylor Schwarz and Fuller.

Freshman Delanie Gourley’s performance in the circle against Michigan was equally as surprising.

Despite giving up the grand slam to put Florida behind early in her first collegiate start, the left-handed pitcher rebounded with ease. In the game’s final five innings, Gourley allowed only three hits and did not give up a run.

Gourley finished the game with five strikeouts to one walk and held Michigan, who batted .321 at the plate last season, to a .286 batting average in the game.

“I thought she pitched well,” Walton said. “When you look at Michigan’s lineup, I think they had seven of nine returners from last year’s team that went to the World Series. I give them more credit than I take away from Delanie. They’re good hitters.”

Florida will end its time in Tampa with a double-header on Sunday. Florida starts the day off against Wisconsin at 1:30 p.m. and then ends with a game against Bethune-Cookman at 3:45.

“More than anything, we need to assess where we are as a team,” Walton said. “To beat Wisconsin again, we’re going to have to come out with our A game.”

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126