After a dismal doubles performance against Georgia, Florida resolved to improve in that area heading into a long week of practice.

On Friday night, the results showed.

No. 5 Florida (13-3, 5-1 Southeastern Conference) swept No. 20 Auburn (14-4, 4-2 SEC) 4-0 in the first of two road matches this weekend.

Olivia Janowicz and Kourtney Keegan began the match with a convincing 8-1 victory followed by a hard fought 8-7 (7-3) win from Alexandra Cercone and Brianna Morgan. Florida won the doubles point for the 11th time this year en route to its 11th shutout of the season.

“I’m excited about our number two doubles team because they are playing better each week,” coach Roland Thornqvist said of the Janowicz-Keegan tandem.

Florida built on its momentum and rolled through singles action as it captured each match in straight sets.

Cercone secured her 70th career dual singles match win with a 6-0, 6-1 victory, and Sofie Oyen won 6-2, 6-1 to put the Gators up 3-0. Keegan rounded out the sweep, winning 6-0, 6-3 to hand Auburn its second loss in as many games.

“Our singles play was outstanding,” Thornqvist said. “This was the best ball tolerance I’ve seen us have all year.”

The Gators will likely face a greater challenge in their next match when they take on No. 8 Alabama on Sunday.

Follow Ian Cohen on Twitter @ibcohen5