Gainesville Police arrested a local man Tuesday after detectives discovered about 40 grams of molly at his house.

Officers arrested 29-year-old Anil Rajdeo Ganaishlal on charges of trafficking in MDMA and possession of a controlled substance, according to an arrest report.

At about 4 p.m., detectives with the Gainesville-Alachua County Drug Task Force carried out a search warrant for the house where Ganaishlal lives, located in the 2800 block of Southwest 101st Terrace.

Once inside, detectives found a Tupperware container with 24.3 grams of MDMA. Then, detectives found a plastic bag with 13.85 grams of the same substance, according to the report.

Detectives took another plastic bag with five clear capsules that tested positive for molly.

They found a total of 39.65 grams throughout the house, according to the report. An average dose of MDMA is about .125 grams, which means Ganaishlal had the equivalent of about 317 doses.

During questioning, Ganaishlal said the drug items were his, according to the report.

Officers booked Ganaishlal into the Alachua County Jail at about 8:30 p.m., where he remained as of press time in lieu of a $45,000 bond for MDMA charges and an $8,000 bond for other marijuana charges.

[A version of this story ran on page 5 on 3/27/2014 under the headline "Police find about 300 doses of molly at house"]