<p>Kelsey Stewart swings during Florida’s 8-0 win against Indiana on Feb. 22, 2014 at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.&nbsp;</p>

Kelsey Stewart swings during Florida’s 8-0 win against Indiana on Feb. 22, 2014 at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium. 

Florida only needed one inning on Sunday to clinch its first road series of the season.

The No. 1 Gators defeated the Tigers 10-2 in five innings, with seven of their runs scoring before they accumulated three outs.

“When you play good teams, you’re going to have to learn to be productive,” coach Tim Walton said in a release. “We really put an emphasis on having productive at-bats to be able to move runners along, and we did that today. We were able to move runners into scoring position to get those hits, and we were able to deliver a couple times.”

Florida (28-2, 4-2 Southeastern Conference) wasted no time getting on the scoreboard. Facing a full count, leadoff hitter Kelsey Stewart hit her fourth home run of the season to give Florida a quick 1-0 lead.

Following a Chelsea Herndon strikeout and a Stephanie Tofft single, junior Lauren Haeger hit a home run of her own to extend the Gators’ advantage to three. With her slam to left field, Haeger became the first Gator to reach double-digit home runs this season.

Florida would put four more runs on the board off of a Kirsti Merritt double and a three-run home run to left field by Taylor Schwarz before the top of the first frame concluded.

“It’s not just about one player being hot,” coach Tim Walton said in a release. “It’s about being able to get a solid team effort like we had today, when seven of your nine hitters get hits and nine of your nine hitters get on base. That’s a team win today, for sure.”

On the day Schwarz hit a career-high five RBIs.

“She came to bat today with a lead,” Walton said. “It says a lot about the way you can swing the bat when you’ve got a lead. It’s a lot easier to hit. I’ll take nothing away from her — it’s just a lot easier to get the job done when you’ve got confidence.”

In the circle, Delanie Gourley earned her 11th win of the season — tying with senior Hannah Rogers for the team high — after giving up two runs in five innings.

The freshman left-hander threw seven strikeouts and walked only two of the 23 batters she faced on Sunday. On the season, Gourley leads the team with 75 strikeouts in 67 innings pitched.

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126