<p align="justify">Aubree Munro swings during Florida’s 7-6 win against Auburn on Saturday at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium. Munro hit two doubles in Florida’s first game against Auburn on Friday.</p>

Aubree Munro swings during Florida’s 7-6 win against Auburn on Saturday at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium. Munro hit two doubles in Florida’s first game against Auburn on Friday.

fter dropping four straight contests, Florida was looking for a spark heading into its three-game series against Auburn.

Behind solid pitching and key hits late in the game, the No. 6 Gators found their spark with a sweep over the No. 19 Tigers this past weekend at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.

“We felt like this weekend could be a really big turning point for us,” sophomore Aubree Munro said after Florida’s 4-2 win to open the series on Friday. “No one feels good losing four in a row.”

Added coach Tim Walton: “One thing we have to be able to look at is the fact that we still have a young team. With a young team comes confidence, and W’s always help teams regain confidence if they lost it, gain confidence if they don’t have it. … We really kept a consistent work ethic. I don’t really think we’ve changed a whole lot other than maybe a couple personnel pieces along the way.”

Munro started the series on a high note, notching two doubles in Game 1 to bring her total to nine on the season. Since Florida’s series against Tennessee, Munro has tallied four doubles, matching her total from her freshman year.

“It feels really good,” the Brea, Calif., native said. “I’ve been kind of messing with my swing a little bit, just making sure I get back to being simple because that’s what works for me. I’m not a huge home run hitter. I think just doing my job and keeping it simple and getting to the ball has been really good for me.”

Merritt finding success at the plate: During Florida’s series-opening win against Auburn on Friday, Kirsti Merritt was a non-factor at the plate.

After batting .444 in three games against Tennessee, the sophomore center fielder went 0 for 2 with a strikeout in the first game against the Tigers.

But Merritt rebounded to close out the series.

In Florida’s 7-6 win on Saturday, Merritt hit leadoff home runs in the third and fifth innings — both of which put the Gators in the lead.

“I don’t think there’s any pressure on this team,” Merritt said. “When I come up to bat, I feel like they’re behind me no matter what, and if I’m going to hit a home run, I’m going to hit a home run. If I strike out, they’re going to be like ‘It’s no big deal.’”

On the season, the Lake Panasoffkee native boasts a .304 batting average and a .580 slugging clip — the second-highest mark on the team.

Merritt’s eight home runs are second on the team only to junior Lauren Haeger, and she is one of two Florida batters to have at least 30 hits, 30 RBIs and 10 stolen bases this season.

“She plays hard,” Walton said. “It’s really hard to fault her … because you know she’s going to give it her all.”

Notes: Kelsey Stewart saw her on base streak of 41 games end on Sunday, when she went 0 for 4 at the plate. Stewart’s streak broke UF’s record of 37 set by Michelle Moultrie in 2011. … Taylor Schwarz drew a walk for the sixth straight contest on Sunday. After being walked only 15 times through Florida’s first 36 games, the sophomore first baseman has drawn nine walks since March 30. … Florida’s 1-0 win against Auburn on Sunday was its 11th shutout victory of the season and its first against a ranked opponent. … With the win on Sunday, senior Hannah Rogers has now pitched 34 career shutouts, four shy of tying with Stephanie Brombacher for the second most in UF history.

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126