<p class="p1">A man wearing a Florida State University shirt reacts prior to being escorted out by police in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium during halftime at the Kentucky game Saturday night.</p>

A man wearing a Florida State University shirt reacts prior to being escorted out by police in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium during halftime at the Kentucky game Saturday night.

Ninety people were ejected and eight were arrested at the Florida Gators’ Southeastern Conference-opening football game against the University of Kentucky on Saturday at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.

Of the 90 individuals who were ejected from the game, 48 were UF students, according to a press release from University Police. 

Three of the eight arrests were also UF students.

Twenty-two of the ejections were for disorderly conduct and 19 were for ticket switching. Eleven people were ejected for sitting in the wrong section, seven for attending the game without a ticket, six for sitting in the student section with non-student tickets, eight for possession of alcohol and another eight for intoxication.

There were also three ejections for smoking, two for standing on the bleachers, one for stealing from a vendor, two for throwing objects and one for urinating on a wall.

Of the eight arrests, four were for trespassing after warning. There was also one arrest made for disorderly conduct, one for resisting without violence and two for battery.

The number of individuals arrested and ejected from Saturday’s game was almost three times as much as last week, where 32 people were ejected and one was arrested while the Gators played Eastern Michigan University. 

It was also the most arrests made at a game since the 2012 football season.

[A version of this story ran on page 6 on 9/15/2014 under the headline "90 ejected, 8 arrested at game"]