<p>Sean Parker (right), a 20-year-old UF economics sophomore, joins the rest of a tour group viewing the Infinity Hall construction site Tuesday afternoon. A student enrolled in the Innovation Academy, Parker said he was interested in the possibility of living in Infinity Hall next fall.</p>

Sean Parker (right), a 20-year-old UF economics sophomore, joins the rest of a tour group viewing the Infinity Hall construction site Tuesday afternoon. A student enrolled in the Innovation Academy, Parker said he was interested in the possibility of living in Infinity Hall next fall.

Prospective Infinity Hall residents accessorized with blue construction hats got a sneak peek of UF’s newest housing facility Tuesday.

Although Infinity Hall is still under construction, UF’s Housing and Residence Education staff started leading tours, which will continue until its opening in Fall, to give students an idea of their future living accommodations.

“During the tour, students will be able to see rooms, get a sense for the academic partnerships throughout the building and will even be able to select their room for next year,” said Sharon Blansett, assistant to the associate vice president for Student Affairs.

Quinton Reddick, 19, said he was able to see where different amenities would be, including the 3-D printing lab.

“It’s going to be nice to have these resources right downstairs and students with the same interests, goals and drive,” the UF computer science sophomore said. “I’ll definitely live there at least next Fall.”

Infinity Hall is focused on housing Innovation Academy students, as administration believes the resources are fit for the program, Blansett said. However, it is open to all UF undergraduate students.

The housing contracts available this week are geared toward Innovation Academy, she said. Next week, all prospective residents can complete the process online.

[A version of this story ran on page 1 on 2/11/2015 under the headline “Infinity Hall begins holding tours for future residents"]