UF student senators spent this week’s meeting highlighting upcoming SG-funded events.

The meeting began in the University Auditorium immediately after the Freshman Leadership Council debate. There were no resolutions passed, and no bills were read.

Public debate began with a presentation from SG-funded group Shakespeare in the Park. Its upcoming performance of “The Winter’s Tale” will take place from March 12 to 15 on the Plaza of the Americas. It’s free to all students. Performances will take place at 7 p.m., except on March 15, which will be at 3 p.m.

Sen. Preston Jones used his public debate time to ask senators to remind students of helmet safety, based on his floormate’s involvement in last week’s scooter crash.

“I would hope we continue to operate as a senate on issues such as these that are important to our constituents,” he said.

SG and the Career Resource Center are hosting a major and minor fair today from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Reitz Union Grand Ballroom.

There will be no Senate meeting next week due to elections.

[A version of this story ran on page 8 on 2/18/2015 under the headline “Student Senate hears from Shakespeare group"]