Santa Fe College Student Government elections begin today.

Four candidates are running in the elections — Conor Flynn and Hannah Gwynn for Student Body president and vice president respectively, and Justin Deese and Timothy Bergman for Student Government treasurer.

No one is running for chief justice, so the position will be left vacant after Elana Gold leaves office April 15.

Students can vote for candidates in the S building today and the P building Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Gold said. The Wednesday voting location, which will close at 3:30 p.m., will be decided based on which voting station draws the best turnout. 

At the voting stations, students will use computers to vote. Students can also vote through their eSantaFe accounts from home.

The election results will be announced at Wednesday night’s Senate meeting. Senators will have the opportunity to nominate candidates for student Senate president, pro-tempore, secretary, parliamentarian and sergeant at arms.

Despite a plea for candidates by Senate President Jeremy Pierce, no senators have publicly expressed interest in running for Senate president or secretary. 

Secretary Matthew Fernandez said he will be nominating himself for pro-tempore this Wednesday.

The elected officials won’t take office until April 15 after being sworn in at Senate.

[A version of this story ran on page 1 on 3/23/2015 under the headline “Santa Fe elections start today"]