<p>Under coach Gregg Troy (above),&nbsp;Florida returns 11 All-Americans this season on the men’s team and two-time Olympian Elizabeth Beisel to the women.&nbsp;</p>

Under coach Gregg Troy (above), Florida returns 11 All-Americans this season on the men’s team and two-time Olympian Elizabeth Beisel to the women. 

After seeing the UF women’s swimming and diving team finish ninth at the NCAA Championships last week, the men now have their chance to try to take home a national title.

The three-day NCAA Men’s Swimming and Diving Championships begin today in Iowa City, Iowa, and the No. 4 Gators will look to make another deep run.

Florida’s men’s squad is coming off a third-place team finish at the 2014 national meet — the highest UF has finished under coach Gregg Troy. The Gators have never finished below ninth place at the national meet since Troy took over the program in the 1999-2000 season.

And with 15 athletes (14 swimmers, one diver) competing in 14 individual events and all five relays, Florida has a chance to finish near the top of the leaderboards.

"Our group is very experienced and deep," Troy said in a release. "We are looking forward to a great competition this week."

That competition comes from a field that has eight other teams with at least 10 athletes competing, highlighted by top-ranked Texas (20) and No. 2 California (16).

Georgia (12) and Auburn (10) are the only Southeastern Conference schools other than Florida with a double-digit athlete total at the NCAA Championship.

Preliminary heats begin at noon each day, with finals following at 8 p.m.

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126