<p>Aleshia Ocasio pitches during Florida's 4-1 win against Illinois State on Feb. 21 at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.</p>

Aleshia Ocasio pitches during Florida's 4-1 win against Illinois State on Feb. 21 at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.

With the Florida softball team winning its second-consecutive national title following its 4-1 win over Michigan in Wednesday’s decisive third game of the championship series, the quest for a three-peat has officially begun. And while coach Tim Walton has a heavy task ahead of him in replacing his six-player senior class — highlighted by 2015 National Player of the Year Lauren Haeger — he has pieces in place to make another deep postseason run. And with that, here’s your way-too-early list of five players to watch out for in the 2016 season.

Aleshia Ocasio, RHP

It was obvious that Ocasio played second-fiddle to Lauren Haeger in the circle this season, but when called upon, Ocasio produced. The righty finished with a 18-3 record in 30 appearances, leading to a spot on the Southeastern Conference All-Freshman team and a third-team All-American nod. With Haeger’s UF career in the books, Ocasio has the opportunity to become Florida's next No. 1 pitcher if she can continue to develop her pitches.

Justine McLean, OF

After starting the season on the bench, the speedy outfielder became a regular in the lineup as the season progressed. And when she is in the lineup, she has made her presence known.

The Rancho Cucamonga, California, native ended the year second on the team with a .348 batting average with the majority of her 31 hits coming from infield singles. Now heading into her junior year, McLean will need to continue increasing her role if she wants to stay in the starting lineup. And if she can actually hit the ball into the outfield, who knows what can happen?

Kayli Kvistad, 1B/DP

Kvistad has had an interesting freshman season with the Gators. She started 37 games — mostly at first base where she has platooned with fellow freshman Janell Wheaton and junior Taylor Schwarz — and showcased power with her bat at times.

Her six home runs rank third among players returning to the team in 2016, and Walton will need to find a new power hitter to replace the production he’s losing at the plate in Haeger and Bailey Castro. If Kvistad can become more consistent at the plate in her sophomore year, she has the potential to be that player.

Kelly Barnhill, RHP

Barnhill is a name that most don’t know about, and that’s because she hasn’t played for the Gators yet. Barnhill is an incoming freshman pitcher who looks to continue her dominance at the collegiate level. A graduate of Marietta (Ga.) Pope High School and the No. 1 pitcher in the 2015 class according to Full Count Softball, Barnhill has the potential to be a collegiate ace. She holds the Georgia state record for most strikeouts in a season (534) and once tossed a seven-inning no-hitter by striking out all 21 batters. Only time will tell, but with Walton’s success recruiting pitchers, Barnhill has a chance to be special.

Whoever replaces Kathlyn Medina, SS

There’s no set answer as to who this person will be, but Walton has a large task at hand finding a new shortstop. While Medina, a career .216 hitter, was not the best at the plate, she more than made up for it by making web-gem play after web-gem play on defense.

She turned double plays like they were routine groundouts and had the work ethic and vocal leadership in the infield Walton values mightily over batting numbers. It’ll be tough to find a replacement for Medina. Sure, Walton has options on his roster already in utility players Nicole DeWitt and Chelsea Herndon, but the shortstop position battle will be one to watch once February rolls around.

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126.