Cheese Daddy prepares to expand to two new locations

Gainesville will soon have new spots to fill those grilled cheese cravings.

Cheese Daddy, known for providing a variety of grilled-cheese sandwiches in the heart of Midtown, plans to open two new, more family-oriented restaurants on Archer Road and Tower Road. While the Tower Road location is set to open within the next two months, the restaurant’s owner Andre Norman said the Archer Road location will open in early September.

Norman said he’s "stressed and stoked" and "super excited."

Norman said while the Midtown location will continue to stay open until 2:30 a.m., he hopes the other locations will close at 10 p.m. to make the restaurant more family-friendly.

"I hope we don’t have a 10- or nine-year-old out late at two in the morning," he said.

The additional locations are something that Richelle Moore, 21, is happy to see after her first meal at Cheese Daddy on Monday night.

"It’s a good business, and I like to see they’re expanded," the English senior said.

Other customers, like Jess Larsen, 32, hope the new locations will offer a menu with more dietary options.

"(One thing) I hope to see would be that they have a non-dairy option," Larsen, who is lactose intolerant, wrote in an email. "If they had a vegan cheese option or a nut cheese, like soy cheese or like a cashew cheese or almond cheese...that would provide for those who do not consume dairy products."

While Norman didn’t specify any new cheese products, he said he was looking to expand other sections of the menu.

"Maybe salads," he said. "We’re playing around with the make-your-own milkshake."