<p>Louis Byron Larson</p>

Louis Byron Larson

Gainesville Police arrested a local man Saturday morning after he reportedly caused $70 in damages to St. Augustine church by defecating on the front door and steps of the church.

Louis Byron Larson, 68, defecated on the steps of the church, located at 1738 W. University Ave., at about 5 a.m. Saturday, according to a GPD arrest report.

Byron Duncan, 27, an employee at a neighboring parking garage, saw Larson on the steps and asked him if he wanted to use the garage bathroom.

"I told him ‘you don’t have to do that there,’" Duncan said. "We have toilet paper to wipe your butt."

Larson, Duncan said, replied with racial slurs and continued to defecate on the steps.

Duncan and another employee then called the police, who arrived at the church to find Larson lying in his own waste on the steps.

Larson, who also goes by "Macaroni Larson," was previously found guilty on 30 separate counts of trespassing and one count of indecent exposure, according to Alachua County court records. He also trespassed on the UF campus in 2013, according to University Police records.

Police arrested Larson on a charge of criminal mischief. Authorities took him to the Alachua County Jail, where he remained as of press time in lieu of a $2,000 bond.

Louis Byron Larson