Butterflies will flutter and perch on Florida Museum of Natural History visitors during it’s annual Butterfly Fest.

On Saturday, the museum will host its 10th annual Butterfly Fest, where butterflies that have recently emerged from cocoons will flirt with visitors.

The museum will partner with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission to launch a new butterfly component to its "Wings Over Florida" program, said Paul Ramey, assistant director of marketing and public relations for the museum.

The program consists of six achievement levels for butterfly watching, where participants complete exercises similar to bird watching to earn certificates, he said.

Visitors can start earning a basic-level certificate in the wildflower garden at the museum.

This year’s theme, "Connections to Nature," will help visitors learn more about the environment, Ramey said.

Admission to the museum and event is free. Admission to the Butterfly Rainforest is free for students, $10.50 for adults and $9 for Florida residents and students, according to the Florida Museum website.

Ramey said the event will include presentations on butterfly gardening, identifying butterflies and how to attract plant pollinators.

"We hope that (the event) will help better connect our visitors to nature," he said.

UF geography graduate student Joe Andreoli said he found out about the Butterfly Fest when he took his parents to the museum.

"I am looking forward to any tips the presenters have," the 23-year-old said.

Editor's Note: This story has been updated to reflect a correction. Admission to the museum, the event and the Butterfly Rainforest is free for students, while the cost for admission to the Butterfly Rainforest is $10.50 for adults and $9 for Florida residents. We originally reported otherwise.