The final day of qualifying and slating, where students chose to run with a Student Government political party, had the highest turnout.

UF Supervisor of Elections Sam Book wrote in an email that 278 students chose to run with Impact Party, 63 with Access Party and none chose to run as an independent for the Fall 2015 SG elections.

Students were not able to run with majority party, Swamp Party, because the party did not register to run candidates for the upcoming elections.

Rick Garcia, 19,  ran with Access in Spring and is running with it again for Fall to represent District B. He said he chose Access because it stands for transparency and accountability.

“You can’t give up just because you don’t win once,” the public relations sophomore said.

David A. Rodriguez chose to run with Impact because of his fraternity.

“A lot of the brothers were involved in Impact,” the biology freshman said.  

Both parties will notify candidates if they have been chosen by Thursday.

Students must prove their residency on Thursday by providing either certified mail delivered by postal service, an Alachua County voter registration card, an original copy of their lease, an original copy of utility or cable bill prior to qualifying, an original copy of a promissory note or lease from a fraternity or sorority house, an original copy of their homeowner’s insurance, or an original copy of a warranty deed.

Contact Caitlin Ostroff at costroff@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter @ceostroff

579 students have qualified

468 chose to run with Impact

109 chose to run with Access

Two chose to run as independents