Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Gainesville Police arrested a University of North Florida student Wednesday afternoon after he was reportedly found with cocaine, paraphernalia and different forms of marijuana.

About 2:20 p.m. Wednesday, police entered 23-year-old Collin Vause’s apartment at Lofts Oasis, located at 2515 SW 35th Place, where they found almost five grams of cocaine and more than 20 grams of marijuana, according to a police report.

He also reportedly had a can of butane, which can be used to strip chemicals from marijuana when creating hash oil; a resin-coated bowl; and a glass tube filled with wet marijuana, according to the report.

Vause reportedly told police he sells marijuana to friends, along with hash oil that he makes using the glass tube, according to the report.

Reported paraphernalia includes a glass bong, marijuana grinder and digital scales, which are commonly used to weigh drugs.

Vause is a registered student at the University of North Florida, said John Mark, a One-Stop operator working with the UNF registrar.

Police arrested Vause on charges for possession of marijuana with intent to sell, cocaine possession, possession of paraphernalia, possession of cocaine with intent to sell, and possession of dangerous drugs.

Authorities took Vause to the Alachua County Jail where, as of press time, he remains in lieu of a $62,000 bond.

Contact Giuseppe Sabella at gsabella@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @Gsabella