To show she’s a badass, UF freshman Diana Salas dyed her hair blue and purple to look like Sulley from Disney’s "Monster’s, Inc."

Salas, the marketing coordinator for the Bachelor of Arts in Digital Arts and Sciences Society (BADASS), celebrated Halloween in her homemade costume at the first-ever BADASS Monster Mash. The event combined technology, like projectors and movie screens, with the arts in Norman Gym.

An artist splashed color onto a projector, which covered the walls in orange and yellow. A panoramic theater displayed Halloween-themed portraits. The idea was to give students an immersive art experience, Salas said.

She said the event cost less than $200.

"I am excited to see everyone together with all of the different elements of the night," Salas said.

UF digital arts and sciences freshman Sebastian Orta dressed as Bane from "Batman," a villain with a mask. He said he tore up a lot of clothes, including an old leather jacket, and then sewed them together to construct his outfit.

"The event is for us to get together, have fun and show creativity," the 19-year-old said.