<p>Trace Hance, a 21-year-old telecommunication senior, poses for a group of about 600 students with his DeLorean car on the Plaza of the Americas on Oct. 21, 2015, for Back to the Future day celebrations. “As I stepped out of the car, the band parted and then I saw a semi-circle of phones staring at me,” Hance said.</p>

Trace Hance, a 21-year-old telecommunication senior, poses for a group of about 600 students with his DeLorean car on the Plaza of the Americas on Oct. 21, 2015, for Back to the Future day celebrations. “As I stepped out of the car, the band parted and then I saw a semi-circle of phones staring at me,” Hance said.

In the 1989 classic film "Back to the Future Part II," Marty McFly travels to Oct. 21, 2015 in his aluminum-colored DeLorean car.

But instead of landing in his hometown at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, a look-a-like McFly found himself on the Plaza of the Americas surrounded by about 600 students and UF band members playing the movie’s theme song.

Dressed as McFly in white Nike shoes and a red vest, UF telecommunication senior Trace Hance stepped into the sunshine. Everyone was silent.

"(It was) kind of like that nightmare where you are behind something and all of the sudden, a spotlight hits you, and you panic," the 21-year-old said.

"What year is it?" he yelled.

"I had no idea what to say or what to do, but I kind of understand what it’s like to be a celebrity," he said.

Jay Watkins, director of The Pride of the Sunshine marching band, asked Hance to bring his car to the Plaza during the band’s performance of the movie’s theme song.

Hance said he loves his DeLorean.

"That’s a real honor and privilege to own it," Hance said.

UF mathematics freshman Noorul Hassan, 18, watched the sequel today.

Five years ago, she said she vowed not to watch the movie until the day featured in the film, which was Wednesday.

She said she didn’t want to regret not videotaping the event.

"I wanted to remember this day," she said.