UF students will flood CareerEco’s online booths in hopes of finding their future graduate school Thursday.

The Career Resource Center is hosting its first virtual Graduate and Professional School Fair, which will allow students to interact with graduate-school recruiters through the Internet.

Though there will also be an on-campus fair in the Reitz Union Grand Ballroom on Thursday, the online fair will allow students to meet with recruiters at their own convenience, said Monica Moreno, assistant director of recruitment services.

The virtual fair will give recruiters with limited budgets an opportunity to connect with students without the expense of traveling, said Jasmin Robinson, the center’s assistant director for recruitment services and events.

The virtual fair allows students to chat with recruiters from 24 graduate schools across the nation, Robinson said.

The virtual fair targets students who aren’t on campus, Moreno said.

"With UF Online, PACE students, students studying abroad, a lot of students aren’t in town for the fair," Moreno said.

UF information systems junior Brian Caulfield wasn’t aware the event was happening, but he said he doesn’t feel disadvantaged as an Innovation Academy student spending this term in Pembroke Pines. He said he can always find out what’s happening in Gainesville if he goes online.

"I see the day-to-day impact of the use of technology and virtualization and its ability to get information out faster, more in-depth and efficiently," the 20-year-old said.