Dear Mediocre,

Why do guys break up with awesome people?

- Upset

Upset,

Guys are mysterious creatures we shouldn’t try to understand. Ever. 

In fact, they are so mysterious there is no real rationale for stupid behavior like dumping a perfectly perfect girl. I’m sure you fall into that category. Don’t be modest.

I actually have this theory that guys prefer a complicated mess rather than a gal with a head on her shoulders. 

Maybe when it hits a certain level of “togetherness,” guys just can’t hang anymore — maybe the tables have turned and guys have become the almighty fixers in relationships. 

Or maybe you just suck.

Dear Mediocre,

Do you believe in monogamy, or do you think it’s a taboo?

- Curious

Dear Curious,

The subject of monogamy is a curious one, and it can definitely stir up a lot of different emotions. With that being said, it is also very personal. But since you asked, I’ll go ahead and tell you what I think about the fairytale called monogamy: Your 20s are just much better without it.

How are you supposed to party at Cantina on ladies night with a ball and chain attached to your leg? You’ll probably face the pettiest relationship problems in your 20s by being monogamous.

If you’re a guy or girl who craves adventure, and you like to have choices, then don’t commit! Think of it this way — during holidays, you’ll save a bunch of money and not have to think about filling up a Hallmark card with a bunch of crap.

Dear Mediocre,

Any good recommendations for math tutors?

- Clueless

Clueless,

I can assure you if you put in extra hours at the library, then you will probably be successful on whatever you have coming up. 

Forget those overpriced, underwhelming tutors. Make sure to bring every electronic that can possibly distract you so you can really focus on the subject at hand. You just need a few quick glances at your notes, and you should be good. The mighty Library Gods will see how hard you’re working and give you the knowledge you need to ace that calc test!

Julia Nevins is a journalism senior. Need advice? Send questions to mediocre.alligator.advice@gmail.com.