Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A Gainesville man was arrested Tuesday afternoon after police said they found drugs and a gun inside his car.

At about 5 p.m., deputies with the Alachua County Sheriff’s Office received a call about a suspicious vehicle parked at a dirt lot in the 4200 block of NW 97th Blvd., according to an arrest report.

When deputies arrived, they found Randy Irvin Williams, 55, seated inside the car, according to the report.

Deputies then noticed a methamphetamine pipe and a loaded gun lying under the bench seats, according to the report.

Once inside, they noticed a bag of meth wedged between the driver’s seat and passenger’s seat, according to the report.

Under the driver’s seat, another bag held more meth — along with a spoon, a digital scale and several smaller plastic bags, according to the report. The bags weighed about 5.4 grams in total.

Williams told deputies he was not licensed to carry the gun, but he was in the process of obtaining a permit, according to the report.

When searching Williams, deputies found another meth pipe in his front pocket and $521, according to the report.

Police arrested him on charges of carrying an unlicensed firearm, displaying a firearm while committing a felony, possessing methamphetamine with intent to sell and possessing methamphetamine. Authorities took Williams to the Alachua County Jail, where he remains, as of press time, in lieu of a $55,000 bond.

@martindvassolo

mvassolo@alligator.org