Presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders is coming to UF.

President of Progressive Gators Sen. Isaac Netzer (Impact, College of Liberal and Sciences) announced during Tuesday night’s UF’s Student Senate meeting that the presidential candidate will be speaking Thursday at 11 a.m. on University Village South Field, near the Southwest Recreation Center.

“We want to make a push for Florida,” Netzer said, adding that the Florida primaries are Tuesday.

About 8,000 people are expected to attend the event, which is free and open to the public.

Newly-elected Senate President Jenny Clements and Senate President Pro Tempore Smith Meyers weren’t at the meeting because of travel delays, said Sen. Ty Robare (Impact, Business Administration).

Sen. Austin Champoux (Impact, District A) was elected as acting Senate president.

UF Student Body President Joselin Padron-Rasines smiled as she announced the Florida House of Representatives and Senate approved about $14 million of funding for Norman Hall.

“All we need is Gov. Scott to sign it,” she said.

UPD Officer Jeff Holcomb also announced a UF Police Student Dialogue on March 16 at Broward Dining Hall from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.

“It’s truly building a relationship between students and deputies,” he said.