Two men and a woman from South Carolina were arrested Monday morning after Gainesville Police said they invaded an apartment and kidnapped a woman in a stolen car.

At about 11:30 p.m. Sunday, the group, led by an armed man, forced its way into an apartment, GPD spokesman Officer Ben Tobias wrote in an email.

Inside, the group tied up four people with duct tape.

Quintae Edwards, 23; Kwame Fernanders, 22; and Kayla Black, 18; then ransacked the apartment, stealing cash and iPhones, Tobias said.

They forced someone to withdraw money from an ATM and then returned to the apartment, where they kidnapped a woman and stole a car, Tobias said.

They later left the woman at North Florida Regional Medical Center, and GPD tracked the woman’s stolen iPhone, Tobias said.

The suspects headed west along Interstate 10.

At about 3:30 a.m., deputies with the Leon County Sheriff’s Office found Edwards outside a hotel in Tallahassee, Tobias said.

Inside, they also found Fernanders and Black.

Police later learned the suspects stole a car to reach Gainesville and are persons of interest in a North Carolina homicide.

Black was arrested on seven charges, including the kidnapping of a minor for ransom.

Edwards was arrested on charges of grand theft auto and home invasion. Fernanders is being held as a fugitive from justice.

As of press time, all three remain in the Leon County Jail.

@martindvassolo

mvassolo@alligator.org