Here’s what to do if you’re in Gainesville this weekend

Looking for something fun to do this Memorial Day weekend? The Avenue has got you covered. Here are some of the Gainesville highlights for art, food and entertainment:

Friday:

Artwalk will be taking over downtown Gainesville this Friday, and First Magnitude Brewing Company, located at 1220 SE Veitch St., will be taking part with a photography exhibit and live music from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Eight local artists will also be showcasing their work, and interactive art is available with an exhibit by Painting with a Twist, according to the event Facebook page.

Market Street Gainesville will host a night right out of the movies Friday when the men of the “Magic Mike Male Revue” come to town. Drink specials start at 8 p.m., and the show starts at 9 p.m., with tickets available for $20 on squadup.com. Channing Tatum may not make an appearance, but this is the next best thing, right?

Saturday:

To benefit Micanopy Middle School, Historic Micanopy will hold a Memorial Day Art and Music Walk on Saturday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. The event will feature art demonstrations, food trucks, live music and a World War II guest speaker, according to the event Facebook page.

The ‘70s will make a brief comeback Saturday at The Midnight, located at 223 S. Main St., with a disco dance party. A DJ will play classic disco music from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m., and dressing up in ‘70s attire is encouraged.

Sunday:

Sunday is the last day of Gainesville’s $5 taco week, so take advantage of the deals while they last. Participating businesses include Tijuana Flats, Moe’s, Burrito Brothers and Las Margaritas, and you must download the free Gift Certificates and More app to get the deal.

“Born to be Blue,” a highly reviewed 2015 film starring Ethan Hawke, is playing at the Hippodrome on Sunday at 2 p.m. The film follows jazz legend Chet Baker in his famous career and his heroin addiction, according to the Hippodrome’s website.