On April 22, about three weeks after Manuel Vasquez pleaded no contest to a charge of video voyeurism, the former UF Department of Religion chairman submitted his resignation.

Three days later, Vasquez said he intended to clear his office by May 8, UF spokeswoman Janine Sikes wrote in an email.

His last day of work was May 1, and the current trespass notice against Vasquez will expire Oct. 23, 2018, she wrote.

Sheriff’s deputies arrested Vasquez in October 2015 after they said he placed a camera in his daughter’s closet and secretly videotaped her in 2014, according to Alligator archives. She was 14 years old at the time.

The daughter’s friend, who was also underage, found the camera and viewed its collection of seven videos. One video showed the daughter topless, wearing only underwear.

Eighth Judicial Circuit Judge Mark Moseley sentenced Vasquez to five years of probation April 7, according to Alachua County court records.

He is required to undergo at least 30 months of counseling and to avoid minors and pornographic materials, among other special conditions, according to the records.

Vasquez served UF as an associate professor for 12 years before he became a full professor in 2011, according to Alligator archives. He took the chair position in 2012.

As a vested former employee, Sikes wrote, Vasquez is still entitled to any contribution the university made to his retirement account.

Follow Giuseppe on Twitter: @gsabella

Email: gsabella@alligator.org