Cinema Verde is hosting a special screening of the documentary “Moosehead’s Wicked Good Plan” on Wednesday at Market Street Pub & Cabaret, located at 112 SW First Ave.

Director Sarah Katz will be attending the screening, which will run from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The film is about 30 minutes long, and the remainder of the time will be used as an open discussion about the effects that result from the development of forested areas.

The documentary is about a 17 million acre forest in Maine that is threatened by development proposed by the landowner. The situation is similar to a local proposal, which is why the screening will be sponsored by Sierra Club Suwannee’s St. John’s Group and Stand By Our Plan.

Cinema Verde is a nonprofit organization in Gainesville that sponsors the Gainesville International Environmental Film and Arts Festival. According to its website, Cinema Verde’s mission is to bring community organizations, businesses and citizens together to help forge sustainable solutions for the future.

Tickets for the event can be purchased at cinemaverde.org/tickets, with a suggested donation price of $10.

More information about the local land proposal can be found at standbyourplan.org.