<p>Savannah Jordan dribbles the ball during Florida's 5-2 win over Iowa State on Aug. 19 at James G. Pressly Stadium.</p>

Savannah Jordan dribbles the ball during Florida's 5-2 win over Iowa State on Aug. 19 at James G. Pressly Stadium.

After 20 matches this season, the Gators are only guaranteed one more.

That’s why they’re not taking Friday’s matchup against Florida Gulf Coast in the first round of the NCAA Tournament for granted.

“For every senior it’s always the same motivation,” forward Savannah Jordan said. “You’re only guaranteed one more game. This Friday is the only thing I’m looking at right now because it is one and done from here on out. And I think that in itself is motivation enough for me.”

Even though Florida was named a No. 1 seed in the tournament on Monday, it will have it’s hands full trying to contain the Eagles.

Florida’s defenders will have to deal with FGCU forward Tabitha Tindell, who is ranked No. 2 on the NCAA’s list of active career leaders in goals (66) and points (162), trailing only Jordan.

Tindell was also named the Atlantic Sun Conference Player of the Year and helped lead the Eagles to a regular-season conference title.

But Florida has had past success against them in the NCAA Tournament.

The Gators have faced FGCU in Gainesville in the tournament four times, including 2011 and 2012 when Florida knocked the Eagles out of the first round in back-to-back years.

In addition, Florida holds a 4-0 all-time advantage against FGCU.

“We really respect them as a team,” UF coach Becky Burleigh said. “We are very familiar with them. I think they are really well coached and have a lot of talent.”

Florida will look to its seniors — especially Jordan — to be on their game Friday to help the team advance.

Jordan is especially important because she leads her team in nearly every category, including goals, points, and shots on goal, despite uncharacteristically scoring only two goals in her last five games.

“I just think we have to focus on what we are good at,” Jordan said. “As long as our team just stays focused on doing what we are best at, which is passing the ball, moving the ball, playing for each other and playing total team defense. I think that is the biggest thing for us.”

If Florida beats FGCU, it will advance to the second round and host the winner of the Wisconsin-Marquette match.

"(FGCU is) a winning program. They know how to win,” Burleigh said.

“It’s going to take a good effort by us to advance. They are a tough first round team.”

Contact Lauren Staff at lstaff@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter @lstaff27.