Bonnie X Clyde is set to help students bring in the new semester with a performance tonight at Simons Nightclub, presented by Lucid Nightlife.

The event, which will be the DJ-duo’s second appearance in Gainesville, will take place from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m., with support from Nitti Gritti and local trap duo Part Native. Tickets range from $8 to $30 and can be purchased on Eventbrite.

Bonnie X Clyde dove into the electronic world in the summer of 2015 with the single “The Ride” and never slowed down. Between releasing new music, touring the country and playing at festivals such as EDC Orlando and Life In Color, the two childhood friends have brought their vocal-heavy sound to stages all over the country.

“We’re just trying to spread good vibes always,” the duo said in an email. “No breaks; we are always in the studio trying to find that next wave.”

Gainesville’s own Part Native will open the show. Comprised of Tripp Churchill, 20, and David Hall, 19, the duo has been creating future-bass-and trap-influenced tracks and remixes for years, adding aggressive drops over already heavy songs such as Skrillex and Rick Ross’ “Purple Lamborghini.” The two have opened for other artists in Gainesville such as San Holo and Hermitude, and they plan to continue making music and playing shows in different cities this year.

“We basically started out of high school,” Churchill said. “We’ve been growing and working on music a lot, and we’re working to play bigger shows (in 2017).”

Churchill and Hall, who were born and raised in Gainesville and identify as Gators, added that they’ve been working on collaborations with both Bonnie X Clyde and Nitti Gritti and are looking forward to releasing them soon.

Krista Kingsbury, a 20-year-old UF botany and pharmacy sophomore, fell in love with Bonnie X Clyde’s music after attending their first Gainesville performance in February 2016. She met the duo after at the side of the stage and has followed their music ever since.

“They’re the type of people that will come out into the crowd and dance with you,” Kingsbury said. “They’re very in touch with their fans.”

In addition to their great attitude, Kingsbury pointed out that Bonnie X Clyde performed a memorable set.

“They had the whole package in a set,” she said. “They never let the crowd’s energy die.”

For Bonnie X Clyde, that first Gainesville show was one to remember for a multitude of reasons.

“Gainesville was so dope,” the duo said. “It will always stand out since it was one of the stops on our first tour.”

The Back to School Bash will be one of the duo’s last stops on their nationwide tour, which included their first-ever performance on a main stage at Insomniac’s Countdown New Year’s Eve.

For Kingsbury and many of their other fans, the duo’s success is satisfying to see.

“I’m just happy to have watched them grow so far,” Kingsbury said. “They really do deserve it.”