Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A Gainesville woman was arrested Wednesday after she tried to push a police officer down stairs, Gainesville Police said.

resist mug

Jazmin Jade Liotta

Jazmin Jade Liotta, 20, was heard by a neighbor at 625 SW 10th Lane, yelling at a man who she had been dating for a month, according to a police report. She was standing outside the man’s apartment at 7:11 p.m. for about 20 to 30 minutes banging on his door with a ceramic bowl.

Officers told her to put the bowl down, but she refused and continued pounding on the door, according to the report. An officer tried to grab Liotta’s wrist and she resisted.

The area outside the door was small and at the top of the stairs, according to the report.

The area restricted the officer’s movements and Liotta began pushing him, as if to push him down the stairs, according to the report. The officer pushed Liotta into a corner and restrained her until backup arrived.

Liotta dragged her feet and used her body as dead weight while officers tried to take her to the police car, according to the report.

Police arrested Liotta on charges of simple battery, disorderly conduct and resisting an officer with violence. Authorities took her to Alachua County Jail where she was released on a $1,500 bond.

Liotta could not be reached as of press time.