In the first three months of 2017, we’ve seen amazing releases from artists like Drake, Ed Sheeran, Future and many more. However, 2017 has also already had some lackluster music. Here are some 2017 releases to keep off your playlist:

“It Ain’t Me” — Kygo feat. Selena Gomez

Following Selena Gomez’s acceptance speech at the 2016 American Music Awards, fans looked forward to her music representing her new, unapologetic approach at life and her craft. However, her collaboration with electronic dance music artist Kygo only offered what we are all used to: a song about her love life.

Besides the unoriginal subject of the track, the mixing of the song just seemed sloppy, as if Kygo was attempting to give the song a psychedelic twist that just wasn’t there. The song would’ve been better suited for artists like Tove Lo or Bebe Rexha, whose vocal ranges are wider and stronger than Gomez’s. If you want to get into Kygo’s music, I would suggest starting with his other hits like “Firestone” or “Stole the Show.”

“Something Like This” — The Chainsmokers feat. Coldplay

If you are a fan of the summer 2016 favorite “Closer” by the Chainsmokers, you will love their song with Coldplay — unless you were hoping for something different.

Premiering this epic collaboration at the Brit Awards, fans were anticipating a seamless mesh of Coldplay’s uplifting lyrics and powerful stage presence with the Chainsmokers’ catchy EDM beats. Sadly, they were left with deja vu.

Not only does the song mirror “Closer,” with both tracks having identical drops during the chorus, but it also has a strong resemblance to their other hit “Roses,” which was released in 2015. This rehash gives an impression that the Chainsmokers are sticking to their same formula in hopes of climbing the charts.

To get a dose of Chainsmokers, I suggest listening to their song “Paris” instead; it’s not the EDM track of 2017, but at least it’s something “new-ish.”

“When I Was a Boy” — A Great Big World

Ed Sheeran’s new album “Divide” raised the bar for all 2017 releases in the pop genre, and the new track by singer-songwriter duo A Great Big World does not compete.

The duo, comprised of Ian Axel and Chad King, is most famous for their 2014 hit “Say Something,” which uses clean music to allow powerful lyrics to take center stage.

The duo recently released the track “When I Was a Boy,” attempting to recreate the success of Lukas Graham’s hit track “7 Years.”

The song, which is told from a child’s perspective, tries to achieve the same feeling of nostalgia while complimenting the lyrics with complex and catchy music. However, the lyrics get lost in the overly complicated music.

Although A Great Big World attempted to use their new release as a way to demonstrate their flexibility as artists, this track took away from what they do best: writing songs. If you’re looking for a softer pop song, stay away from this track.

“Good Life” — G-Eazy feat. Kehlani

Movie soundtracks are an easy way for listeners to introduce themselves to artists they are unfamiliar with. This collaboration by rapper G-Eazy and rhythm and blues singer Kehlani for the “Fate of the Furious” soundtrack just falls short.

The mixing used to accompany Khelani’s vocals does not blend well with the harshness of G-Eazy’s lyrics. The intro is meant to have a catchy, EDM-like tempo, but it merely sounds like a missed attempt at a Sean Paul-inspired sound. The track also falls short in showcasing G-Eazy’s ability as a legitimate rapper.

If you’re looking for new music, the “Fifty Shades Darker” soundtrack delivers a good variety.