Raw cookie dough bakery set to open next week

cookie dough
cookie dough

Next time you take a bite of raw cookie dough, you won’t be flirting with salmonella.

Do-Lish, a new bakery specializing in raw cookie dough, is set to open its doors sometime next week at 1113 W. University Ave., said owner Jolie Nantz.

The bakery, set to replace One Greek Store, will feature nine flavors of raw cookie dough including chocolate chip, lemon cookie, salted caramel, peanut butter and dark chocolate, Nantz said. The safe-to-eat dough is made with heat-treated flour and doesn’t contain eggs.

Currently, the store will be open Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Nantz said. To stoke students’ appetites, coupons will be passed out on Turlington Plaza on Monday, granting two scoops of cookie dough for $5. Regular prices have not yet been released.

The bakery will also sell baked goods including brownies, cupcakes and cookies, she said.

“We’re just going to have fun with it,” Nantz said. “I hope that when all of the students come in, they feel at home in our little bakery.”

Nantz, 47, said the New York City bakery DO, Cookie Dough Confections inspired her to open Do-Lish in Gainesville.

“I’ve always wanted to have something downtown for the students,” she said.

Mathew Lynch, a 20-year-old UF nuclear engineering sophomore, said he never heard of a cookie-dough bakery before.

“I’m definitely excited to bring all of my friends,” he said.

Contact Max Chesnes at mchesnes@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter at @chesnesmax