Generic Crime
Generic Crime

University Police arrested two Florida men on Sunday after they were seen trying to steal bicycles in a UF parking garage behind Hume Hall.

George Bill Black

George Bill Black

Jerome Lee Dunn

Jerome Lee Dunn

George Bill Black, 59, and Jerome Lee Dunn, 53, were found in the parking garage next to the Commuter Lot on Gale Lemerand Drive at about 7:45 p.m. after a 911 caller told police they were pulling bicycle locks in the garage, according to an arrest report.

After their arrest, Black and Dunn told police they were drinking in the garage until a ride came and picked them up, according to the report.

The witness who saw Black and Dunn pulling bicycle locks identified the men in a lineup, police said. He said he saw them trying to steal bicycles.

Police arrested Black and Dunn on a charge of loitering and prowling. The men were taken to Alachua County Jail where Black remains, as of press time, in lieu of a $25,000 bond. Dunn was released on his own recognizance on Monday afternoon.

Dunn could not be reached for comment.

Contact Meryl Kornfield at mkornfield@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @MerylKornfield